Tallgrass Theatre Company plans to develop a shared arts venue in West Des Moines, to continue our mission of providing high-quality theatrical programming and educational programs to the community.
Launching our Campaign
Tallgrass Theatre Company (TTC) is developing a shared arts venue in West Des Moines to continue our mission of providing high-quality theatrical and educational programming to the community. The space will allow Tallgrass to grow our programs by increasing the number of productions we can provide each year and enhancing the development of our adult and children’s educational workshops.
Equally important, other groups will be able to use the space during our “dark” periods. There is a great need for a year-round performance venue in West Des Moines, as currently one of this size does not exist.
OUR NEW HOME AT 2019 GRAND AVE. IS APPROX 6,500 SQ FT OF UNDEVELOPED SPACE THAT TALLGRASS THEATRE COMPANY IS TURNING INTO A SHARED ARTS VENUE FOR OUR PERFORMANCES, PROGRAMMING AND OTHER AREA ARTISTS
Our vision is the creation of a black box theatre capable of multiple configurations and uses. Audiences of 100 to 120 may be accommodated, dependent upon the configuration within the space.
Ultimately, this project will allow:
- Creation of performance arts venue within West Des Moines that can provide other community arts partners an inclusive theatrical performance space and can increase coordination and collaboration in the performing arts community.
- Expansion of the ever-popular Seedlings Summer Camps to other times of the year and other school breaks
- Creation of new adult and children’s workshops to educate on the fundamentals of theatre arts
- Creation of an Alternative Programming Series which will include a Script Reading Series and other “workshop” performances of new, experimental, or in-progress works of local or established playwrights (built on the former TTC Iowa Playwrights Workshop)
- Expansion of theatrical programming including increasing the number of productions and the number of performances of each production
The Tallgrass organization is working through City Permit processes to begin construction at 2019 Grand Ave. Suite 100 to open our days later this year. Priority is looking to fund the construction phase of this process to open our doors later this year for the community. With this, we launch our campaign to gather support from the community with supporting our vision of opening Tallgrass Theatre Company’s Shared Arts Venue in West Des Moines.
Join our mailing list and like us on social media to stay current with construction updates and future announcements about Tallgrass Theatre Company.