Tallgrass Theatre Company is excited to offer Seedlings children’s theatre programming in conjunction with West Des Moines Parks & Recreation. The Seedlings program is led by two experienced theatre professionals, Naima Nicholson and Maranda Turner. Both have a wide range of children’s theater, education, and performance experience.
Announcing our Seedlings Virtual Monologue Showcase
Hello Seedlings Friends! We are pleased to announce our first Monologue Showcase! The Monologue Showcase will be a fun virtual event at the end of February. See our attached video for more information!
The first part of our Monologue Showcase is our monologue search, and we are now accepting monologue submissions.
- We are accepting submissions from playwrights of any age. – Yup! We want everyone in on this project! (That means YOU.)
- Monologues should be 2 to 5 minutes long (that is about 300 to 750 words – as a guideline).
- Monologues should be for actors between the ages of 7 and 18.
- All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions are due by February 6th, 2021.
- Submissions should include: Playwrights’ name, age, phone number and preferred email address, your monologue, the title of your monologue, and any information you would like us to know about your character.